Hoist and slings
This course is designed for those who will be completing assessments and handling plans who wish to increase their knowledge around hoist(s) and slings.
Who is it for?
- Occupational Therapists
- Senior staff members.
It is recommended that learners would have completed the induction programme.
Runs over a full day and contains both paper and practical based tasks.
By the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand different types of hoists, their benefits and applications
- Size a customer for a sling
- Understand the different styles of slings available and the strengths of each
- Understand different ways of sling insertion
- Compare slings and use clinical reasoning to choose the most appropriate option for a customer
- Look at more bespoke sling options and how to assessor for them
- Know legislation in relation to slings and hoists.
Courses are run at our own venues throughout the UK. Bespoke courses for your staff can be booked at a venue of your choice. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7432 8010 for a no obligation quote.
All moving and handling training courses require participants to get involved and try techniques for themselves. Please ensure you arrive appropriately dressed, with loose, comfortable clothing and flat shoes. If you feel you may struggle with some positions, please complete the disability section on the registration form when signing up for the course and alert your trainer on arrival.