Paediatric moving and handling
This course is designed for professionals that assess and support paediatric customers.
Who is it for?
- Occupational Therapists
- Senior staff members.
It is recommended that learners would have attended a Moving and Handling Induction.
Runs over a full day and contains both paper and practical based tasks.
By the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Legislation and policy in relation to paediatric moving and handling
- Anatomy considerations for the paediatric customer
- Understand implications of carer handling of paediatric customers
- Working at low levels and transfers to floor
- Child development and moving and handling
- Equipment and techniques for moving the child.
Courses are run at our own venues throughout the UK. Bespoke courses for your staff can be booked at a venue of your choice. Please email email@example.com or call 020 7432 8010 for a no obligation quote.
All moving and handling training courses require participants to get involved and try techniques for themselves. Please ensure you arrive appropriately dressed, with loose, comfortable clothing and flat shoes. If you feel you may struggle with some positions, please complete the disability section on the registration form when signing up for the course and alert your trainer on arrival.