This course is designed for those who will be completing assessments and handling plans and wish to reduce care packages.
Who is it for?
- Occupational Therapists
- Senior staff members.
It is recommended that learners would have completed the induction programme.
Runs over a full day and contains both paper and practical based tasks.
By the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Use in bed systems, wedges and profiling beds to move and complete tasks on the bed
- Use of hoists independently and risks
- Sling use in single handed care
- Transferring with one person using equipment
- Risk reduction with single handed manoeuvres
- Successfully completing moving plans.
Courses are run at our own venues throughout the UK. Bespoke courses for your staff can be booked at a venue of your choice. Please email email@example.com or call 020 7432 8010 for a no obligation quote.
All moving and handling training courses require participants to get involved and try techniques for themselves. Please ensure you arrive appropriately dressed, with loose, comfortable clothing and flat shoes. If you feel you may struggle with some positions, please complete the disability section on the registration form when sigining up for the course and alert your trainer on arrival.