Trusted Advisor Level 1
Purpose of the Course
To give confidence to customer service staff to provide advice and referral options for basic daily living aids, understand common conditions and have knowledge of health and social care services available.
The range of equipment includes:
- Kitchen Aids
- Dressing aids
- Basic Telecare
- Minor adaptations
- Perching stools
- Raised toilet seats
- Toilet frames
- Have a basic understanding of conditions and how this will impact on a person’s function
- Know different roles within health and social care
- Understand referral pathways for equipment and adaptations
- Have knowledge of the range of equipment available and its purpose
- Be able to provide a quality customer experience.
- Understand the role of the trusted assessor.
The course lasts one day and there will be some work to do at home before the training.
Once you have completed the Trusted Assessor Training you will have an accredited award at Level 1, this is accredited by the OCN London.
You will also be automatically registered with the DLF Trusted Assessor registration scheme; you will have access to online information and support to help you in your new role and will receive updates to know when you need to refresh your skills.