Trusted Assessor: Assessing for Telecare Solutions
DLF is delighted to introduce the next module in the suite of Trusted Assessor courses. Trusted Assessor – Assessing for Telecare Solutions. This popular module will enable Trusted Assessors to expand their knowledge into an exciting new equipment area and add more products to the range they are qualified to assess for.
This course is designed for Trusted Assessors who wish to expand their knowledge into Telecare or those who are currently assessing people for telecare equipment and want a relevant qualification.
This course is accredited at Level Three by the OCN. All learners will be tested on their knowledge throughout the course and will receive either a pass or fail for the course.
- Occupational therapy assistants
- Social workers
- Triage teams
- Care managers
- Anyone responsible for conducting assessments as a part of their role.
This course is a Trusted Assessor module, therefore it is essential that all learners would have completed a Trusted Assessor Level Three course or it’s equivalent.
Those who haven’t and wish to only complete competency in telecare assessment should attend the full day course rather than the top up module.
Dependent on need, this course runs either as a standalone module over one full day or as to the standard Trusted Assessor course at Level Three and forms a half day within the course.
By the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand how to mitigate risk through assessment.
- Understand ethical implications of telecare and the policy and legislation surrounding it.
- Understand how standard telecare solutions may limit risk.
- Understand how to monitor and manage telecare equipment.
- Understand the implications of the shift from analogue to digital telecare systems.
- Understand telehealth and its benefits to the customer.
- Understand the range of telecare technologies and their strengths and weaknesses.
- Understand when to refer an assessment to an Occupational Therapist.