Trusted Assessor Level 2
Purpose of the Course
To enable staff to recognise a need, using a basic assessment measure for and prescribe equipment and minor adaptations to a specified level, in accordance with Local Boroughs’ criteria.
The range of equipment includes:
- Chair and bed raisers
- Bath boards, seats
- Stair rails, rails for toileting, raised toilet seats and frames
- Grab rails
- Perching stools and small household items
- Delivery drivers
- Housing assistants
- Social workers
- Understand how daily living equipment can assist people with functional difficulties to live independently.
- Understand safety and risk factors with the prescription of basic equipment.
- Be able to measure for and fit and basic daily living equipment.
- Understand how to review equipment and adjust it as required.
- Understand how to demonstrate the use of basic equipment to the service user.
- Understand when to refer service users to other services.
- Understand the role of the Trusted Assessor at level 2.
Once you have completed the Trusted Assessor Training you will have an accredited award at level 2, this is accredited by the OCN London.