Trusted Assessor Level 3
To enable staff to conduct assessments with service users, measure for and prescribe minor equipment and adaptations, using clinical reasoning and best practice and be able to reflect and adapt future practice.
The range of equipment includes:
- Chair and bed raisers
- Bath boards, seats,
- Stair rails, rails for toileting, raised toilet seats and frames
- Grab rails
- Perching stools and small household items.
- Walking Aids
- OTA’s rehab assistants
- Care managers
- Mental health OTs
- Social workers
- Be able to assess a client with a need to enable independent living
- Have knowledge of equipment and techniques available to assist with purposeful occupation
- Understand safety and reduce risk factors with the prescription and use of equipment
- Be able to prescribe measure for and fit equipment
- Be able to demonstrate the use of basic equipment and review to ensure suitability for the service user
- Know when to refer service users onto another service
- Understand the role of the Trusted Assessor
- Be able understand the importance of reviewing and when / how this should take place
- Be able to reflect and learn from previous assessment to promote best practice.