Trusted Assessor Level 4
Purpose of the course
To enable the Trusted Assessor to identify a need for major adaptations, assess measure for and prescribe major adaptations and apply for DFG funding for the adaptations.
The range of equipment includes:
- Level access showers
- Stair lifts
- To understand the purpose of Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) – benefits & limitations relating to accessing the home
- To be able to complete a robust risk assessment including: individual, task, environment, other people/ factors
- Identify a need for equipment and be able to justify
- Understand environment factors that will impact on the ability in install adaptations
- To be able to measure an individual for major adaptations
- To be able to understand ranges of products available within level access showers, ramps and stairlifts
- Recognise role of Trusted assessor and understand when to refer clients back to OT services
Once you have completed the Trusted Assessor Training you will have an accredited award at level 4, this is accredited by the OCN London.
You will also be automatically registered with the DLF Trusted Assessor registration scheme, you will have access to online information and support to help you in your new role and will receive updates to know when you need to refresh your skills.